REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL PURIFYING GLOW MASK


Happy Halloween everyone.
How is your pumpkin?

It is rare for me to write in English but I will always try to hone my English writing skill.

The product that I will talk about maybe one of your holy grail… and it is EVERYWHERE.

Oily skin, acne prone skin, sensitive skin, or troubled skin would love this review about…

THE BODY SHOP HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL PURIFYING GLOW MASK.



One of Superfood Face Mask from The Body Shop that so popular with detoxifying effect.

Product in one snap:
1.       The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
2.       75 ml
3.       IDR 350.000

Packaging
Product is contained in a jar made of dark thick glass and a lid made from black doff plastic, there is a plastic seal in between as the extra seal. The design is simple and sturdy with dominant dark color. The product itself is grey with dried green tea leaves that turns into black.

Keep in mind, The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask does not have spatula to pick up the product, so we need to concern about the hygiene.

Texture
The texture is thick and muddy just like clay mask, but this one comes with chunks of green tea leaves. In addition, it is so quick to dry and set, so we’d better close the bottle tight and be quick to apply. The smell reminds me of minty tea tree oil, no wonder.
When we wash it off, the green tea leaves are kind of hard to remove. Usually I use tissue to remove it one by one. 



Formula
Aqua/Water/Eau, Kaolin, Moroccan Lava Clay, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alcohol Denat., Camellia Sinensis Leaf, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pumice, Argania Spinosa Shell Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Charcoal Powder, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Limonene, Linalool, Methylpropanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Menthoxypropanediol, Citral, Geraniol, Coumarin, Caramel.



This product contains bamboo charcoal, tea tree oil, and green tea leaves.
The bamboo charcoal will detoxify the dirt and reduce oil excess, tea tree oil will act as the anti-bacterial agent to prevent breakout, and chunky green tea leaves will provide us the scrub to our face.
As we read the claims above, it will provide us healthy, clear and glowing skin.

Why I am sold to this?
Because I have acne prone and sensitive skin with large pores that produce excessive oil in T-zone. I need a clarifying mud mask that can detox and dry up my oil and acnes. And I put high hope in this product to not sucking up my moisture, and it works!

As a mud mask, the formula brings instant tightened skin and not drying too much or irritate my skin which makes this mask is always in my holy grail stash. 

Effect
I use this mask once in a week or when I feel that I need detox from all make-up and dirt. My troubled skin seems to like it and it does not overreact that leads to breakout. I feel like my skin smoother, clean, tight, and fresh after applying this mask for about 20mins. Even though at the very first application I got ting-ling sensation, but it does not irritate my skin that makes me in awe.

Nope, it's not my Halloween costume lol


Detoxify?
Checked, I can see it deep cleanses my pores. It does look smaller after using.

Prevent acne?
Checked. The manifest of tea tree oil is the guardian angel when it comes to prevent pustules/pimples. If we talk about cysts that caused by hormonal, it does calm my cystic acnes but does not prevent them.

Scrub?
I do not see this mask as a scrub. The green tea leaves are too harsh and too tacky to be a scrub.

How to Use
1.       Do the cleansing
2.       Toning
3.       Apply the mask all over the face or only desirable spot
4.       Wait for 10-20mins (based on the needs)
5.       Wash it off
6.       Toning
7.       Put on face oil or moisturizer

Pros
+ Tighten the face instantly
+ Deep cleanse the pores effectively and make them look smaller
+ Does not irritate sensitive skin
+ Calm cystic acnes
+ Prevent pustule/pimple
+ The smell is not really strong and disturbing as a mud mask
+ Easy to purchase
+ The price is worth it

Cons
- Dry too quick
- No spatula
- The packaging is so heavy, not too travel friendly
- It can be too dry for the skin

Conclusion
8/10
Repurchase. A solution for troubled skin in a jar.


Cheers,
Clairine -girl next door-

Twitter: @clairehagins
Instagram: @clairinesgh

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

TRIP: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN VS TOKYO DISNEYSEA

TRIP: PERSIAPAN MUSIM DINGIN DI KOREA SELATAN

TRIP: LIBURAN HEMAT KE JEPANG 14 HARI TANPA JRPASS & TIPS-TIPS